Abstract The paper evaluates the relationship between financial intermediation and the economic growth in the developing economic systems. First, using dataset from 28 countries, between 2001 and 2010 we define a financial intermediation indicator applying EFA method. We use several dimensions of the financial intermediation: Domestic credit provided by banking sector (% of GDP); Domestic credit to private sector (% of GDP); Broad money (% of GDP); Market capitalization of listed companies (% of GDP). As a preliminary step, using Spearman rank-order co-variance analysis we test the correlation between variables and the result confirms in general a high correlation degree between the indicators. Secondly, we compare this financial intermediation indicator with some dimension of economic growth using three different methods, OLS (Ordinary Less Square), GLM (Generalized Linear Model) and QR (Quantile Regression), in order to check the robustness of the model. The result suggests that the financial intermediation as part of financial development is positively associated with economic growth. Keywords: Financial Intermediation, Economic Growth, Financial Development.
- EVALUATION OF EFFECT OF GENERIC STRATEGIES ON COMPETITIVENESS IN KENYAN TEA SECTOR: A CASE OF KISII COUNTY
- THE ROLE OF TALENT MANAGEMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE OFPRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN KENYA: A CASE OF PRESBYTERIAN UNIVERSITY OF EAST AFRICA
- STRATEGIES ADOPTED TO IMPROVE SERVICE DELIVERY BY ENERGY PROVIDERS IN KENYA. A CASE STUDY OF KENYA POWER AND LIGHTENING COMPANY
- CHALLENGES FACING STRATEGIC SUSTAINABILITY OF MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM BUSINESS ENTERPRISES (MSMES) IN KENYA
- INFLUENCE OF STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT PRACTICES ON PERFORMANCE OF PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN KENYA: A CASE STUDY OF THE PRESBYTERIAN UNIVERSITY OF EAST AFRICA
- ANALYSIS OF HUMAN RESOURCE STRATEGIES AFFECTING EMPLOYEE PRODUCTIVITY IN THE ENERGY SECTOR: A CASE STUDY OF KENGEN
- ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF BRAND STRATEGY ON CUSTOMER RETENTION IN THE BANKING SECTOR IN NAIROBI COUNTY
- THE EFFECT OF OPERATIONAL STRATEGY IMPLEMENTATION ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE A CASE STUDY OF ADMINISTRATION POLICE IN KENYA
- EFFECT OF ACCESS TO MICROFINANCE SERVICES ON POVERTY MANAGEMENT IN KENYA: A CASE OF MUKURU KWA NJENGA SLUM.
- EFFECTS OF MOTIVATION ON LEADERS PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN RUIRU SUB COUNTY KIAMBU COUNTY KENYA